Windward! is a fun, FREE, online game from Cable in the Classroom that challenges students to learn about weather, ocean currents, and sailing to race around the world. The game reminds me of the “Choose Your Own Adventure” books that I liked in elementary school, which permit the reader to make a decision at different points of the story and thereby direct the final outcome.
I didn’t make all the right decisions the first time I played the game, but I did beat the world record for circumnavigation, so I guess I did ok!
Thanks to Eric Langhorst of Liberty, Missouri, who talked about Windward! in his Podcast #14 – Missouri Teaching With Cable Awards and Interviews. Also congrats to Eric for winning a Missouri Teaching With Cable Award! 🙂
Eric has some great links to Cable in the Classroom resources in the podcast shownotes that are worth checking out. I am also looking forward to the “10 Days that Unexpectedly Changed America” documentary from the History Channel set to debut in April 2006, after hearing Eric interview a History Channel representative about it!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Tour of New Apple TV (March 2016) - 2016
- Moderate comments on a Posterous Blog - 2011
- iPhone Tethering, Cellular Bandwidth Consumption, & the Home / School Internet Access Divide - 2011
- Open licensing of educational media content is KEY - 2010
- Help needed with WordPress Header Links CSS - 2010
- Tweet On: Microblogging can help you be more creative - 2010
- No medicine for you, the server is down - 2008
- Read/Write web political disruptions - 2007
- Evolving online security threats deserve more attention - 2007
- Thanks Glen! - 2007