Whoa, this just keeps getting more amazing and powerful. Google Earth is now available in 3D for many locales, you can do fly-throughs of areas like New York City.
And you can also access web-based Google Mars to tour the red planet. The geniuses at Google are working on a version that will work with the Google Earth client and provide customized 3D flythroughs also like this one through Valles Marineris. Except you won’t be watching a movie in the Google version, you’ll be “driving.”
These images are rendered on the fly over the web, for both Google Earth and Google Mars. Just a few years, you would have had to access very expensive and very large computer systems to do this. Now you can use your laptop or desktop computer.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Schools Blocking YouTube and Digital Citizenship - 2019
- Opera Mini Browser Coming to the iPhone / iPod Touch? - 2010
- Gotta Keep Reading - A YouTube Remix of the Black Eyed Peas by Florida Students - 2010
- Homegrown YouTube Options - 2010
- Considering how race still matters in America for dropouts and student identity - 2009
- Actively opposing creativity fatigue - 2008
- The Value of OpenDNS (free) content filtering at home - 2008
- Flat world 1:1 learning - 2007
- Stats on Kids and New Media - 2006
- International perspectives on teaching and learning in an information society - 2006