I am at the local Daybreak Coffee Roasters this afternoon doing some writing, and can’t believe how slow the provided free, wireless Internet access is. It is a lie and a deception to call this “high speed” wireless Internet access:
It is so bad I am not planning to return to this location to work anymore, unless the Internet access gets a major speed boost. There are lots of coffee shop alternatives around town with free wireless Internet access that actually is “high speed.” This is ridiculous.
Graph via the Internet Frog Speed Test.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- David Jakes on Learning Spaces (April 2016) - 2016
- Scratch Camp Facilitator Workshop (April 2016) - 2016
- Understanding Why eBooks "Feel Different" - 2013
- Separate Wifi Access Point Works Best with Apple TV on Busy Network - 2012
- Tips for adding images to Custom Google Maps #gct - 2011
- How do you feel about students bringing laptops to class? - 2010
- Learners and teachers as tour guides - 2008
- Comments I had missed - 2007
- Rethinking WalMart Patronage - 2007
- Bill and Melinda are Terrified - 2006