Good grief. Even trying to circumvent copy protection on CDs or DVDs you own could become illegal if the latest DMCA modification bill becomes law. This is just legislation, but it is eye-opening that stuff like this is being proposed.
The big corporate folks are (surprise, surprise) driving the legislation here. According to the CNet article:
The draft legislation, created by the Bush administration and backed by Rep. Lamar Smith, already enjoys the support of large copyright holders such as the Recording Industry Association of America. Smith, a Texas Republican, is the chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee that oversees intellectual-property law.
Via Molly Wood.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Options for Uploading Videos to YouTube with School Filtering - 2014
- Steeply Discounted Digital Storytelling Workshops: June 5-6 & June 19-20 (Oklahoma City) - 2013
- iPad Media Camp: June & July 2013 in Oklahoma & Kansas - 2013
- Apps and Clouds: An Introduction to Internet Resources - 2012
- Creativity unleashed with LEGO Stopmotion music videos and movie scene re-enactments - 2010
- Join conversations in the LIVE DEN Virtual Conference - 2010
- Tales from an adventurer living off the grid - 2008
- links for 2008-04-24 - 2008
- Ian Jukes shares thoughts on YouTube - 2007
- PBWikis ad-free for educators! - 2007