This afternoon I am sharing a bit about a book chapter I’ve contributed to on narrative inquiry, and specifically digital archive resources. These are the digital archive resources I am sharing in the presentation:
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program
US Library of Congress
Smithsonian Institution Digital Library
Digital National Security Archive Online
iBiblio: The Public’s Library and and Digital Archive
Boston College Digital Archive of Art
Boston College Digital Archive of Architecture
Brown vs. Topeka Board of Education Digital Archive
US State Archives
– Pennsylvania State Archives
– University of Pennsylvania Digital Library Projects
– Online Archive of California
– National Archives of the United Kingdom
– UK National Archive of Datasets
September 11th Digital Archive
The Open Content Alliance (www.opencontentalliance.org) is a collaborative effort of organizations worldwide seeking to build “a digital archive of global content for universal access.” The OCA is obtaining publisher permission for content digitization and web-distribution and is therefore able to provide full-text versions of text and media artifacts in its growing archive.
The Internet Archive (http://archive.org) is another organization digitizing vast quantities of resources, but invites contributions from researchers, historians, scholars and the general public. The Internet Archive provides free hosting for audio and video files, and free tools are available for uploading and opening licensing content (ccPublisher).
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Comparing Risks and Benefits of a PreTeen YouTube Channel - 2016
- A Touching Sign Language Performance of David Phelps: No More Night - 2012
- Using iPadio to Create a Final Exam Study Guide Phonecast - 2011
- What I Hope You Learned (A Technology 4 Teachers Pecha Kutcha Presentation) - 2010
- Graffiti at Classen SAS - 2010
- Day 2 of SMART Notebook training at CSD - 2009
- Visualizing Progress - 2009
- The Mac Jedi's Homebrew Mobile Commander - 2008
- Accordent product solutions for lecture capture - 2008
- links for 2008-04-28 - 2008