I learned today that I was mentioned in the May 2006 issue of School Library Journal, in “The Buzz” column in an entry titled, “A Tech Guy Worth Knowing.” The article states:
Wesley Fryer— self-described on his Web site as an educator, author, and digital storyteller— maintains a blog entitled “Moving at the Speed of Creativity.” For providing comprehensive coverage of education technology and insightful discussion of related issues, both Fryer and his blog are worthy of attention. Recent posts describe a Tennessee school district’s effort to ban iPods on campus and a podcast chat about censorship, MySpace, and the 1989 protests in China’s Tiananmen Square. Currently director of instructional support services at the Texas Tech University College of Education, Fryer was selected as an Apple Distinguished Educator, Class of 2005. www.speedofcreativity.org.
This mention was a surprise to me, as well as the faculty member who brought it to my attention. I do not think many of the people I work with daily (as part of my regular job) are very aware of the edublogosphere and the ongoing conversations here, of which I am a part. One is never a prophet in his own land… 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Embed a Google DocList in a Google Site or WordPress Site - 2014
- Considering Options for LTE 4G Mobile Hotspots & iPhone Service (June 2012) - 2012
- Spirit of Oklahoma Storytelling Festival: June 3-4, 2011 @TerritoryTeller - 2011
- Oklahoma Educators: Become a Storychaser at OSU June 23-24, 2011 - 2011
- Digital reflections on an anthropologist's journey to Kunming, China - 2010
- Web 2.0 Smackdown highlights from iConnect iLearn 2010 (Colby, Kansas) - 2010
- Tips and Tricks from Kevin Honeycutt #icil2010 (Colby, Kansas) - 2010
- A-Ha Moments: Voice (iConnect iLearn 2010 Opening Keynote) - First Prezi presentation - 2010
- Helping kids connect to their passions and become remarkable: SAVING money shifting to Project Based Learning - 2010
- Public Schools Are Not Businesses - Why Educational Sharing Matters - 2010