I am sharing a series of three workshops on digital literacy, focusing on blogging and podcasting, this week in College Station, Texas. I have created a new Digital Literacy wiki that I’ll be using and likely continuing to use in the months to come.
Please check it out and feel free to add resources you think would be appropriate. My intention is not to overwhelm teachers with a comprehensive listing of examples, but rather with a few superb examples in each category. We are going to actually get the teachers blogging a bit themselves, and creating a podcast with other teachers so they will better understand both the concept and the process of classroom podcasting. All the teachers (about 100 total over the three day period) are coming to the workshops with their own iBook laptop and iLife06. We’ll be using Garageband and iWeb quite a bit, this should be a lot of fun! Most of these teachers are involved in TxTIP or district-funded 1:1 laptop immersion projects.
Feel free to use this wiki for your own training and education needs as well. Along with my other resources, this is shared with a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. I’ll value any input you may have on these activities and this curriculum! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- June 2012 Scratch Camp in Edmond, Oklahoma: Lessons Learned - 2012
- An invitation to tell digital stories (Ustream archive) - 2010
- City by the Bay - 2010
- Unblocking SlideShare content - 2009
- Online kids are readers! - 2008
- iPhone, MobileMe, Eudora users and Assisted GPS - 2008
- DVD burning software, Malware and Digital Citizenship - 2008
- EdTechTalk on Worldbridges - 2006
- Workshop keynotes and spotlight sessions - 2006