The Strategic Open Source Of Texas K-16 project has started a great collection of free Moodle courses relating to open source technologies and software programs. The course on software links is outstanding already, with tons of good links to some software programs I’ve heard of and use, and several that are new to me.
Whoa! This list should get the attention of anyone involved in K-16 educational technology… What a robust and powerful array of software tools can now be at the fingertips of every student and teacher at your school who has access to an Internet-connected computer! Wow!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Evaluating AllGirlArcade.com for my 11 Year Old Daughter - 2011
- Visualizing A Twitter Feed-based Digital Newspaper with Flipboard - 2010
- Using text messaging to prevent school violence (and other crimes) - 2010
- Empowering 21st Century Learners (Canyon ISD, Texas) - 2010
- Geography 2.0: A Juicy Way to Mash Up Learning - 2008
- Education, Learning and Media Megatrends - 2008
- Ecto 3 Alpha released, not recommended - 2007
- Real versus fake learning experiences - 2007
- More cities and towns considering municipal wireless - 2006
- Great planet image - 2006