“The Future Of Learning In A Networked World” is a traveling conference sponsored by Otago Polytechnic in New Zealand that started on September 18, 2006, and is continuing. The conference blog and wiki have more details. This is really a superb idea: An ecclectic group of participants “are now travelling as a roadshow to participating institutions to continue open space meetings with local audiences” around New Zealand.
Anyone is invited to attend and participate in person and virtually. Participation options include:
Add your picture and bio to the Participants page.
Read the latest on the The Future of Learning in a Networked World blog.
Listen to audio or watch video from the event – most of which can be found on this wiki, or on the blog
Follow along with our FLNW Community Walk map which uses Google Maps to geo-document the conference.
You can also contribute by tagging your blog posts, photos, audio and video with flnw.
Attendance is open to anyone with an interest in the topic.
How exciting! I think conference events like these which are putting web 2.0 tools like blogs, podcasts and wikis to practical use are some of the best opportunities for teachers to learn about the respective uses of each tool.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- A Return to the Simple Pleasures of Daily Blogging - 2020
- 2nd PLAYDATE PD Event in Oklahoma: Saturday October 4th! - 2014
- iPhone5 Weight & Form Factor - 2012
- Blocked Sites in China - 2010
- Purchase a new webkinz or say goodbye to WebKinz World Online - 2009
- An Exemplary Interactive Mobile Conference Website (Vision 2020 Conference) - 2009
- Deer Creek (Oklahoma) Students and Teachers Using Skype - 2009
- Edmond Parents Protested President Obama's Speech - 2009
- Learning 2.0 Conference opening panel - 2007
- Fourier Systems Nova5000 - 2006