I was scanning the PodNova blog recently and found a link to the Library Clip’s post on Podchains. Podchains offers a cool way to create podcast feeds, similar to what you can do using a specific tag in Del.icio.us but in a bit more straightforward format. You can find “podcastable” files (audio and/or video) and copy the direct links to those files, along with a title and description of each one. Podchains creates the feed including each item you add.
We’ve had discussions about the need for a content feed for K-12 Online, so I created one using Podchains. I tried burning this with Feedburner, but for some reason I could not get the resulting feed to work. I tried deactivating the smartfeed and podcasting settings, but to no avail.
Almost all the presentations for K12Online so far are in a podcastable format.
Do you think we should have this one feed for the entire conference, or separate it with a second feed for week 2? I’m leaning toward a single feed, but there would be over 40 items in the feed and some podcast subscription sites like iTunes just show the last 25 items in the feed I think.
Technorati Tags: k12online, k12online06
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Editing a Periscope Video & Rotating Before Posting to YouTube - 2015
- Project Management Tools, Tips and Tricks (Oct 2013) - 2013
- At the Eastern Edge of our Continent: Wells Reserve at Laudholm (Maine) - 2012
- Annotate, Correct and Edit Documents on Your iPad - 2011
- The Joys of Microfiche Scanning - 2010
- Gage, Oklahoma Schools roll out iPod Touches for Grades 3-12 - 2009
- Talking blogs - 2006
- Wii is going to reinvent the gaming experience - 2006
- Persuasion Map - 2006
- Monitoring the blog pulse - 2006
I was unable to subscribe to the feed in a format that iTunes recognizes. Any suggestions?
Chris: The original feedburner feed wasn’t working, but the podchains feed does work. I just subscribed in iTunes with it successfully– select podcasts, Advanced menu, subscribe to podcast.