This podcast is a recording of my keynote address on Digital Storytelling in the Classroom at the 2006 Hawaii Library Association’s annual conference in Honolulu. In the address, I discussed the connections digital storytelling has to literacy development and the roles of school librarians, shared several examples of exemplary student and teacher-created digital stories, and invited audience members to engage themselves and their students in digital storytelling projects in the weeks and months ahead.
Show notes for this podcast include:
- My online curriculum for digital storytelling workshops
- Hawaii Island Movie Contest Winners
- Center for Digital Storytelling Examples
- Apple iLife Contest Award Winners
- My Digital Storytelling social bookmarks
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Videos, Articles & Books To Get You Thinking About UFOs & ET - 2014
- Sound Recording in the Classroom by Paula Churchhill #cmtc10 - 2010
- iPad Blogging with Posterous - 2010
- This I Believe: Community Sharing Through Art, Writing and Video #cmtc10 - 2010
- iPads in the Classroom by Jonathann Reed and Sharon Parsons #cmtc10 #edapp - 2010
- Teaching for the 21st Century by Tammy Worcester #cmtc10 - 2010
- Notes from November's OKC WordPress User's Group Meeting - 2009
- 21 Steps to 21st Century Learning by Bruce Dixon #ok1to1 - 2009
- Leadership, Vision, and Student Achievement (Panel) #ok1to1 - 2009
- Models of Contemporary Learning by Carolyn Thompson #ok1to1 - 2009