CNN provides directions for a fun way Harry Potter fans can discover the recently released title of J.K. Rowling’s final book in the series:
If you go to her (J.K. Rowling’s) home page, click on the eraser and you will be taken to a room — you’ll see a window, a door and a mirror.
In the mirror, you’ll see a hallway. Click on the farthest doorknob and look for the Christmas tree. They click on the center of the door next to the mirror and a wreath appears. Then click on the top of the mirror and you’ll see a garland.
Look for a cobweb next to the door. Click on it, and it will disappear. Now, look at the chimes in the window. Click on the second chime to the right, and hold it down. The chime will turn into the key, which opens the door. Click on the wrapped gift behind the door, then click on it again and figure out the title yourself by playing a game of hangman.
Quite creative! 🙂
Technorati Tags: harrypotter, jkrowling
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Mastodon Tips (Dec 2022) - 2022
- 10 Percent Off Google Education Summit Oklahoma City: Feb 21-22, 2015 - 2014
- iPhone Media Creation App Categories - 2010
- As Fast As You Can Think - 2010
- Lessons Learned Teaching EdTech to PreService Education Students (Fall 2010) - 2010
- Kids writing for fun online - 2009
- Fair Use in Videos Using Pictures with Copyrighted Music - 2009
- Blog widgets for political transparency - 2008
- Philip Randolph, civil rights, unions, and political change - 2008
- The novelty of news and importance of media literacy - 2007
[…] I heard rumors that J. K. Rowling had announced the release of her 7th and final Harry Potter title. I had intended to visit her site but my ADD got the better of me when I came across a post by one of my most recent blog favorites, Wes Fryer,entitled Discover the final Harry Potter book title. Wes was reporting on a CNN link which provides directions on how Potter fans could learn the title of this last book. I won’t play spoiler for those who want to find out for themselves, but it turns out that J. K. Rowling’s website has hidden a number of “easter eggs” which in turn lead to a game which upon successful completion reveals the final title. […]
Oh good grief just TELL me already! I don’t have the patience! Okay, I’m going Googling…
I only got 3 letters wrong —
and OOOOhhhh, now I know something my “Harry Potter” friend doesn’t yet.
Can’t wait —
I am SOOO looking forward to finding out what happens next.
Merry Christmas, friend.
This post was a LOVELY early Christmas present.