This podcast is a recording of Dr. Monica Beglau’s keynote presentation at the K-12 Educators Market Symposium at MacWorld 2007 on January 10, 2007. The title of her presentation was “Building a Better Mousetroup: How Technology WILL Improve Achievement.” Dr. Beglau is the director of the eMINTS National Center at the University of Missouri in Columbia. eMINTS professional development programs are designed to inspire educators to use instructional strategies powered by technology, engage students in the excitement of learning, and enrich teaching to dramatically improve student performance. Four years of extensive data collection and analysis of eMINTS and non-EMINTS classrooms show statistically significant differences in statewide assessment scores of communiation arts and mathematics. Technology-infused teaching with a constructivist and inquiry-based approach to learning is not only the moral obligation of professional educators, but also the best learning environment for students as well as teachers.
Show notes for this podcast include:
- eMINTS Evaluation Results
- eMINTS eThemes (digital curriculum lesson plans)
- College of Education at the University of Missouri-Columbia
- Dr. Monica Beglau: MacWorld 2007 Speaker Bio
- Changing the Face of Education in Missouri by Monica Beglau
- SETDA Interviews: Interview with Monica Beglau
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Register for iPad Media Camp in Summer 2014 in Illinois, Texas, Kansas & Oklahoma! - 2014
- UCO Dumps Epic One on One Charter School - 2011
- Free Project Gutenberg eBooks Download Directly to Kindle for iPad - 2011
- The Frontiers Beckon (NASA video) - 2011
- Blog posts that hide spoilers - 2010
- Implications of (almost) free online storage for educators and students - 2010
- It's Time for a New Kind Of University - 2009
- A Creative Designer's Solicitation for Employment via StopMotion - 2009
- Keep family and friends informed of hospital and health updates with CaringBridge - 2009
- Gabcast recording auto-post to WordPress.com successful, not with Blogger - 2009