This podcast is a draft recording for your review of a presentation I’ll share live with others at the Oklahoma Technology Association’s annual conference in Oklahoma City, and at the Texas Computer Education Association’s conference in Austin, Texas next week. My goal for the presentation is to share a vision for one to one learning (laptop immersion) and why a 1:1 environment is needed in education. Additionally, I want to further develop and share ideas about how we need to reinvent schools for the 21st century and create SCHOOL 2.0. If you have comments or feedback on this presentation, I would love to hear from you. I ran about 15 minutes too long in this trial run, so I will need to cut slides and content from the final version. Check out the podcast shownotes for a link to a public Google Notebook page which includes references to all images and cited sources in this podcast. I love Google Notebook! A link to an enhanced version of this podcast is also available in the shownotes!
Show notes for this podcast include:
- My Presentation links and image attribution links (shared via a public Google Notebook)
- An enhanced version of this podcast (with synchronized PowerPoint slides) is available, download it from my public iDisk.
- I created this enhanced podcast using Profcast (Macintosh-only software)
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Yukon 6th Grade Parents and Teachers Provide Students Feedback on Writing - 2012
- Help the Oklahoma City CoWorking Collaborative Reboot! - 2012
- Do You Know? The Ethics of Technology Sweatshops - 2011
- Creative Commons licensed images in blog posts - 2011
- Speed of Creativity Book Talk: Dialog About Books That Matter - 2011
- First MIT, now Core Knowledge - Free, High Quality Curriculum Abounds - 2010
- eTechOhio, School Reform Ideas and Smaller PDF Files - 2009
- A contrary view of education and NCLB - 2008
- Job hunt blog - 2006
- Web 2.0 and conferences - 2006