I had a great time substitute teaching a graduate class tonight on “Technology for Administrators” at the University of Central Oklahoma here in Edmond, where I live. Links to the resources we discussed are available on a new wiki page I created today for “Technology Leadership.” As proposed last week (and inspired by Marco Torres) we planned and shot a movie we titled “Administrator Video.” Thanks to everyone who provided additional ideas and feedback! This 1.5 minute video is available on YouTube and as a downloadable file from my .Mac Public folder.
This video is not meant to be an insult to anyone or school administrators as a group. Rather, it is intended to humorously focus on worst-practices to encourage thinking about administrative best-practices.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Code as Poetry in 4th Grade Scratch Club - 2018
- 2 Challenges: With STEM & iPads - 2014
- Growing Nimble Thinkers for the Creative Economy by Deborah Morrison and Glenn Griffin - 2013
- Cage-Busting Leadership by Rick Hess - 2013
- Options for Posting by Email (RIP Posterous) - 2013
- Green Screen Photo Effects On The Cheap - 2012
- K12 Panel at the 2012 Heartland eLearning Conference - 2012
- Why is cloud computing significant for college faculty? - 2012
- A Voice of Reason on US Education Policy - 2011
- The Power of Media Advertising: Ads Worth Spreading from TED - 2011