This podcast features a recording of a keynote address at the SITE 2007 conference in San Antonio, Texas, by Dr. Paul Resta. The title of his keynote was “The Changing Landscape of the Global Digital Divide: Opportunities and Challenges for Teacher Education.” The abstract for this presentation was: Although there has been significant growth worldwide in access to computers and the Internet, the digital divide continues to be a major form of social and economic exclusion for many peoples across the globe. The World Summit on the Information Society (UNESCO, 2003) declared, “[the] common desire and commitment to build a people-centered, inclusive and development-oriented Information Society where everyone can create, access, utilize and share information and knowledge.” The presentation discusses the global context of the digital divide and the opportunities and strategies for teacher education to take a leadership role in helping to move toward digital equity.
- PowerPoint slides from Dr. Resta’s presentation
- Bio of Dr. Paul Resta
- Four Directions Project
- My notes from Dr. Resta’s presentation
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- 15 Minute Snapchat 101 Tutorial - 2016
- Print a QR Code for an AudioBoo Recording - 2014
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 2 of 2) - 2012
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 1 of 2) - 2012
- Webcasting with the Seedlings: In the Sprankle Podcave! - 2010
- Schools using Twitter for parent and community communication - 2008
- Family member tribute digital stories - 2008
- links for 2008-04-02 - 2008
- OLPC and the IDC test (innovation, differentiation & collaboration) - 2007
- Ruckus, DRM and IP (intellectual property) - 2007