Ever since I became awed with the power and flexibility of Gargeband software listening and learning from Marco Torres at our ADE academy in July 2005, I’ve wanted to purchase my own MIDI controller keyboard to take the program and my quite limited musical creativity to another level. Last October I had a chance to co-teach a workshop in Plano, Texas, at a regional technology conference with my then 8 year old which we titled “Digital Music Creation: Engage, Inspire, Have Fun!” I’ll be sharing that workshop again next month at the Region 1 annual technology conference in South Padre, but won’t have the benefit of his assistance!
Armed with the fact that I need to learn more about digital music creation (needed to explain to my wife why I’m shopping for new toys) I’m looking at different options for MIDI keyboards. I’m probably wanting an entry-level keyboard that is small and portable, since I’ll want to take it on the road. I’m considering the M-Audio Oxygen 8 v2 most seriously:
Anyone have suggestions or experiences (good or bad) with small, portable MIDI keyboards they’re willing to share? I’m open to suggestions.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- 5 Reasons You Should Join Me on Mastodon - 2017
- Cognitive Dissonance and Segregated Oklahoma Schools - 2015
- Find and Use the Best Channel for Home WiFi with Wireless Diagnostics - 2014
- Save a TeacherTube Video Temporarily to Your Laptop - 2012
- US debt and government borrowing must end now - 2011
- Creative Music Making on YouTube with Four iPhones - 2010
- Telling the story of last Friday's PD in Maine with PhotoPeach - 2010
- Join me virtually Monday night for our local school board meeting on CoverItLive - 2009
- My 1st Gen MacBook doesn't like heat - 2009
- Opinions about auto-blogged social bookmark lists? - 2008