Last night when chatting with Miguel Guhlin about ideas for sharing with and teaching administrators about technology leadership, he shared the following videos I hadn’t seen or considered before. I’ve added these to a new del.icio.us tag I’ve started, presentationvideos. For videos on YouTube and TeacherTube, I’ve added those to my respective favorite playlists. (My YouTube Playlists – TeacherTube favorites.) I’m adding this post to the “humor category” (thanks Dean!) as well as a few others. All are not humorous, however, the final video about Sidibay is quite moving.
Again thanks to Miguel’s advice, I have used the free UnPlug extension for FireFox (cross-platform) to download several of these videos to my laptop hard drive, so I can play them during professional development sessions regardless of whether or not I have an Internet connection. (Or a fast Internet connection, or an Internet connection that permits a connection to the website hosting the video, etc.)
TechRap: Thoughts on technology’s impact on a student’s life (Ysleta ISD, El Paso, Texas, USA)
Walkthroughs and Learning Objectives (this should get your administrators laughing, and perhaps thinking too)
Mrs. Burk Perimeter Rap (Some may see this and say, “Good grief, are we making school into a place for edu-tainment?” I’d respond, “Not necessarily. But if you have access to creative, musical videos like this that can help your kids learn concepts, wouldn’t you be silly to ignore them or refuse to use them?) If you like this, check out Mrs. Burk’s other math-related TeacherTube videos!
Our Hero, Mohamed Sidibay (This movie was made by a group of Grade 4 students in Bradford, Ontario, Canada. It is about a former child soldier, Sidibay, from Sierra Leone.)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Balancing Choice and Freedom for Happiness and Satisfaction - 2016
- The Story of My Dad's Photo with President Kennedy - 2013
- Digitizing Vintage Photographic Negatives and Prints - 2012
- Artistic Creativity by Bunky Echo-Hawk at the Hard Rock Hotel in Tulsa #atalm12 - 2012
- Why Is Storytelling Important [VIDEO] - 2012
- AT&T ends unlimited iPhone data plans - 2010
- Apple pulled PixelPipe app in March 2010 - 2010
- NCLB damages US education by narrowing the curriculum - 2010
- Thanks Project Gutenberg for underwriting our 6th grade summer reading list - 2009
- The Power of a Well-Read Blog and the Adventures of Google Earth Girl - 2008