This podcast is a recording of my keynote address today at the Oklahoma Public Schools’ district “Technology Enhancement Day.” I took the presentation I had shared (with the same title) in Holland, Michigan in April 2007, but rather than focus on professional development generally as well as more “big picture” change in school districts, I took an individual approach. After discussing changes in the information landscape and what they should mean for schools, I focused on five specific read/write web tools that can be powerfully transformative in learning contexts, and shared five specific steps individual teachers can take to expand their own personal learning networks (or personal learning environments.) Check out the podcast shownotes for a public Google Notebook page sharing all the referenced links, videos, and resources from this presentation.
- Google Notebook page including all referenced links, videos and resources
- Presentation Slides (PDF – 13.5 MB)
- Oklahoma City Public Schools Technology Enhancement Day Agenda
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Archived Learning from the 2015 Mobile Learning Experience - 2015
- Prevent Spiders and Bugs from Getting In a Garage Tornado Shelter - 2014
- Grand View THUNDERS UP! #playingwithmedia - 2012
- Get Arabic and English News Perspectives on Meedan.net - 2010
- Mining could transform the economy of Afghanistan - 2010
- Pro-Envelope lobby fighting paperless movement - 2010
- Momentous evening of family co-learning with WordPress - 2008
- VoiceThread archival export and comment moderation experiences - 2008
- links for 2008-06-14 - 2008
- New link for Mother's Day Podcasts - 2007