This podcast features several recordings from NECC 2007 before sessions, on the vendor floor, and in the edublogger lounge. The first interview is with Dr. Paul Clark of the University of Nebraska-Omaha, who discusses the educational fun of geocaching. (Paul actually located 16 different geocaches in Atlanta during this year’s NECC, with his partner in geocaching Bob Goeman.) The second interview is with Tim Donovan, one of the co-founders of Imbee.com. Imbee is a non-commercial, safe “walled garden” digital social networking environment for kids, teachers and parents. The final interview is with Darren Draper, an instructional technology specialist in Sandy, Utah, and the author of the excellent “Pay Attention” video which addresses the need to prepare our students for the 21st century flat world.
- Geocaching.com – The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site
- MacCaching Free GeoCache Manager for Mac OS X
- Travel Bug defined by WikiPedia
- Drape’s Takes: The Weblog of Darren Draper
- Pay Attention Video
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Comparing TeachMeet and EdCamp PD Models - 2015
- Voices of #iste11 - The 1:1 Digital Learning Revolution in Schools (Travis Allen - iSchool Initiative) - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - A Newly Minted FourSquare Mayor in Philadelphia - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - Copyright Advice for Teachers from Kristin Hokansen - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - A Louis and Clark Story About Mercury & Thunderclapper Pills - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - $15 per Month For Netbooks In New Zealand: BYOD = Buy Your Own Device - 2011
- Jason Ohler on Digital Literacy & Digital Storytelling #iste11 - 2011
- Separate Feedburner chicklets for blog posts and podcasts - 2010
- CNN provides a tutorial on retweeting - 2009
- CoverItLive Blog of Malcom Gladwell's Opening NECC Keynote - 2009