Wow. I am blown away. In a response to yesterday’s post “Challenging Internet search tasks,” Kern Kelley shared a link to Midomi.com. The website describes the service the following way:
Search with your Voice: Search for music by singing or humming part of a song. All you need is a microphone.
Sounds too good to be true? Think again. I did a quick test, humming about 15 seconds of the the song I had been racking my brain (and searching the Internet) the past few days to discover the artist or song title. Results?
First result is on the money. Song title: The Fratellis. Artist: Flathead.
I’m in awe. What are creative read/write web developers going to figure out how to do next using a web browser?!
Technorati Tags: creativity, midomi, music, web2.0
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Learn About e-Publishing at October 24-25, 2014 OKC Writing Conference - 2014
- "My gut told me to say yes" - 2013
- What do we do for third tier schools? - 2010
- Zed's Ethiopian food and Alexander: 1.5 Years Later - 2009
- The Magic of Digital: Collaborative Interaction in Teacher Professional Development - 2008
- The Transformational Power of Social Media Technology in Learning: Inspiring Stories from the Classroom and Beyond! (Idit Caperton) - 2008
- Where in the World is... GeoRSS for the Classroom - 2008
- Python for Fun Introductory Programming by Michelle Hutton - 2008
- Grassroots Creativity: Helping Everyone Become a Creative Thinker by Dr. Mitchel Resnick (MIT Media Lab) - 2008
- links for 2008-07-02 - 2008
Not only that, but you also found a really great band. Their entire album is great, but the alternating 4:4 3:4 in the chorus of Flathead is really spectacular.
[…] åªè¦å“¼å“¼æ›²è°ƒï¼Œå°±èƒ½æ‰¾åˆ°ä¸€é¦–ç½•è§çš„æŒ æˆ‘è¯•äº†ä¸€ä¸‹ï¼Œäº”æ¬¡å°è¯•æŸ¥å‡ºäº†ä¸¤é¦–æŒã€‚ä½†è¿™ä»…é™äºŽæˆ‘ï¼ï¼å‘µå‘µï¼Œäººä»¬æ€»æ˜¯ç¥·å‘Šæˆ‘åˆ«å¼€å£å”±æŒã€‚è¿™ä¸ªæœåŠ¡è¿˜æ˜¯å¾ˆä»¤äººæƒŠå¥‡çš„ã€‚æˆ‘æƒ³ï¼ŒMidomiæ˜¯ä¸€ä¸ªç›¸å½“å¹²å‡€æ¸…çˆ½çš„æœåŠ¡ã€‚ç”šè‡³å¯ä»¥ä¸€å®šç¨‹åº¦ä¸Šè¯†åˆ«æˆ‘é‚£äº”éŸ³ä¸å…¨çš„æ›²è°ƒã€‚Wesley Fryer, Moving at the Speed of Creativity July 2, 2007 [åŽŸæ–‡é“¾æŽ¥] [Tags: æ— ] [å‚ä¸Žè¯„è®º] […]