Janetta Garton has posted a thoughtful reflection about Brian Lamb, Alan Levine, and D’Arcy Norman’s “New Tools” strand keynote address for the 2007 K-12 Online Conference titled, “More Than Cool Tools.” Janetta is modeling “best practices” for her reflection, since she:
- Posted her reflection to her own blog
- Followed the suggested reflection rubric developed by the K12Online07 professional development committee
- Tagged her post with the session tag found on the K12Online07 conference schedule page. (Not sure why it’s not showing up yet in a technorati tag search, however.)
- Added her reflection to the K-12 Online Conference Professional Development Tracker database, so she will be able to print a certificate and receive PD credit for her participation in the conference for this session.
For more info about earning professional development credit for K12Online07, check out yesterday’s post on the conference blog, “Introducing the K12Online Professional Development Tracker database.” If you’re interested in some of the formative data on participation across the world in the conference this year, check out yesterday’s post “Week1 Statistics for K12Online07.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Great STEM Conversations About Perimeter in MinecraftEDU - 2014
- Learning More About Visual Notetaking (Authorized Drawing in Class!) - 2013
- Kansas Honor Flight: October 2012 (Narrated Slideshow) - 2012
- 2012 K12Online Conference Starts Today! - 2012
- Post a Photo to a Photo 365 or 180 Blog - 2011
- Great Ideas from the Fall 2011 DEN Virtual Conference (part 2) - 2011
- Great Ideas from the Fall 2011 DEN Virtual Conference (part 1) - 2011
- Action Research: What Do We Know About Learning in the Cloud? - 2010
- Powerful and Free Tools from the Cloud by Rushton Hurley - 2010
- Do the Mash: Mixing Tools to Create a Custom Cloud-Based Learning Tool - 2010