Vicki Allen created a clever VoiceThread with Houston-area teachers last week on the theme “Coffee 2.0.” (She borrowed the idea from Karen Montgomery.) Are you ever intimidated by the six-part Starbucks coffee orders some people give you? I am. My wife’s preferred order (“grande skinny decaf latte with two sweet and lows”) is really tame compared to some orders I’ve heard. This VoiceThread plays off these types of requests. Vicki used this to encourage teachers to think about web 1.0 versus web 2.0, learning 1.0 versus learning 2.0, classroom 1.0 versus classroom 2.0, etc.
Nice work teachers! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Discount this weekend: Playing with Media eBook 50% off thru Nov 20th! - 2011
- Final Dissertation Defense: Impact Analysis of Phonecasted Lecture Summaries - 2011
- MASSCUE XO Learning Moments - 2008
- No laptops at our meeting! - 2008
- All A Twitter about Twitter by Beth Knittle - 2008
- Discussing the Megan Meier MySpace / Suicide Tragedy - 2007
- Facing the realities of bullying in our schools and communities - 2007
- Changing expectations of learning - 2007
I saw this link: http://www.lokeshdhakar.com/2007/08/20/an-illustrated-coffee-guide/ on dy/dan’s blog that might be helpful with a coffee guide.
I’ve started using VoiceThread with my students quite a bit and they seem to really like using it.