This podcast features a recording of my keynote address at the 2007 Oklahoma Distance Learning Association (ODLA) conference in Tulsa on November 5, 2007. Although this presentation shares the same title as one I shared at the Learning 2.0 conference in Shanghai in September, the content of this session is entirely different. The description of this keynote in the conference program was: As Dr. Lawrence Lessig has observed, we live in the era of a “new read-only” and a “new read-write” culture. This environment is full of rapid, discontinuous and disruptive change, but the opportunities for empowering people to constructively communicate and share their voices appropriately with the world is unprecedented. We’ll explore how learners of all ages across the world are utilizing media and communication technologies to literally reinvent the future.
- Session slides (PDF – 18.5 MB)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcast!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Video Production Class Links & Resources - 2015
- The joy of organizing iPad apps in folders (iOS 4.2 update) - 2010
- I've Got a Feeling we'll see more Lip Dubs like this one - 2009
- Five more K12Online09 Teaser Trailers! - 2009
- In the carpool with Kevin - 2007
- The Wii redefines interactive gaming! - 2006