I am using Google Reader more frequently both on my laptop and iPhone to read RSS feeds, but I still find some aspects of Google Reader awkward. For example, when I find a post I’d like to share (I have the code for my shared Google Reader items in the lower right sidebar of my blog) but I do NOT want to actually subscribe to that blog, how can I do that? This happens fairly frequently, when I follow blog links from one to another, and am not “inside” the Google Reader environment when I find a post I want to share. An example is Rashimi’s post “Tips on using SlideShare for live presentations.”
Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so, what is the fastest way, to add a post like this to Google Reader’s “shared items” without subscribing to the the blog? The only way I know to do this is subscribe to that person’s blog, find the post I want to share, and then click the SHARE button on the post within Google Reader.
There must be an easier way….
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Tips for Media Literacy and Avoiding Foreign Political Propaganda Influence - 2019
- 99¢ Podcast: Tell a Story in 5 Photos - 2011
- Envisioning a Cloud-based, Platform Independent Computing Future [VIDEO] - 2011
- The Case for Balanced Internet Filtering in Schools - 2010
- KFC and McDonalds Reinvent Themselves - Why Not Our Schools? - 2009
- Using FeedForAll to update #k12online Podcast Channels - 2009
- Tracking computer use by application with Slife - 2008
- Consider 1:1 learning in Korea - 2007
- The greatest university of all - 2006
- 2nd rejected TechEdge article - 2005