This podcast is a recorded skype interview with Colin Davitt, Instructional Technology Specialist with the Lindbergh School District in St Louis, Missouri, about his initial impressions of the XO Laptop. Colin received his XO Laptop two days ago, and is VERY enthused about the capabilities and power of the XO! After hearing him talk, I am REALLY wanting to order one. How exciting to hear from a first-hand witness about the exciting capabilities of this $180 laptop! Note: The XO Giving program requires a $400 purchase: This provides one XO Laptop to a student in a developing country, and one XO Laptop to the person ordering the XO. The actual cost of the XO Laptop hardware is $180 presently.
- XO Laptop: Give One, Get One (Extended through December 31, 2007)
- OLPC: One Laptop Per Child Project
- One Laptop Per Child (New Version), Reviewed by 12-Year-Old (blog post on Freedom to Tinker)
- More XO Laptop Reviews
- Current Technorati Search for OLPC reactions
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Mastodon Tips (Dec 2022) - 2022
- 10 Percent Off Google Education Summit Oklahoma City: Feb 21-22, 2015 - 2014
- iPhone Media Creation App Categories - 2010
- As Fast As You Can Think - 2010
- Lessons Learned Teaching EdTech to PreService Education Students (Fall 2010) - 2010
- Kids writing for fun online - 2009
- Fair Use in Videos Using Pictures with Copyrighted Music - 2009
- Blog widgets for political transparency - 2008
- Philip Randolph, civil rights, unions, and political change - 2008
- The novelty of news and importance of media literacy - 2007