This evening Rachel (my 4 year old) recorded an eight-image VoiceThread digital story, sharing some of the things she knows about Christmas. Her thoughts ranged from Santa and stockings to baby Jesus and the star of Bethlehem. At age four, her recorded voice reveals the stream-of-consciousness way in which she processes the world and connects ideas to each other.
The juxtaposition of secular holiday traditions with religious ones can certainly be confusing, and even overwhelming, for people of all ages. Rachel seems to be doing pretty well with her understanding of Christmas themes and messages.
Capturing her voice singing part of “Joy to the World,” is certainly a wonderful gift. We are happy to share this special VoiceThread digital story with you.
Have a very Merry Christmas! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Book Review: The Industries of the Future by Alec Ross - 2016
- Advice for Teachers Starting with Classroom Blogging - 2015
- Creativity, Connectedness and the Adjacent Possible - 2014
- Exploring the Hobbit on iTunes University and Course To-Dos - 2013
- Nook Tablet Plays Enhanced eBooks - 2011
- Directly Download the Playing with Media enhanced eBook to your iPad! - 2011
- iOS Apps for Productivity and Fun: The List! - 2010
- Learning about Scratch Basics (a podcast interview with 7 and 10 year olds) - 2010
- If you like Moving at the Speed of Creativity... - 2009
- UNICEF Photos of the Year Give Cause to Pause This Holiday Season - 2008