Rachel and I enjoyed making sausage balls several times for our family during the holidays this year. We took several photos (and had family members snap a few pictures) during the cooking process, so we could make a VoiceThread about cooking sausage balls. This reminds me of “how to” essays I helped my students write as a 4th grade classroom teacher. Rachel did pretty good with elaboration on each of her points. We used six images to make this VoiceThread. For the first one, Rachel recorded herself “live” on VoiceThread using a microphone, but for the others we recorded using Audacity so we could make some minor edits and then uploaded each recording as a mp3 file to VoiceThread. Here’s our story!
We used a different recipe this year than I’ve used in the past, and I REALLY liked this one not only because the cooked sausage balls taste great, but also because the ingredients give the mixture a better consistency that holds together better than other recipes I’ve used in the past. This is the recipe we used:
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 1 pound uncooked Jimmy Dean pork sausage
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- Cook the sausage in a pan, breaking it up into small pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl “meatloaf style.”
- Form mixture into small balls, and place them evenly on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Share and eat!
Sausage balls can also be made in advance and warmed in the oven. They can also be frozen. Few things beat HOT and FRESH sausage balls right out of the oven, however!
Happy New Year to everyone! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- New Year's Discount: $10 Off Playing with Media Video Library Annual Membership - 2014
- Self-Hosting Oral History Audio (or Lectures) with Free Podcast Generator Software - 2013
- FREE Playing with Media Meetups in Oklahoma City in 2013 - 2012
- Learning Culture Change the Critical Focus for iPad 1 to 1 Projects - 2010
- Learning about the iOS app Stickershop from a 7 year old #edapps - 2010
- Hedonism, Politics, Authoritarianism, Twitter and Political Change - 2009
- ClaimID and website verification - 2007
- Riya and Photo Face Recognition - 2005
- Teacher Man - 2005
- Wavepad and Rosegarden - 2005