PBS aired a Frontline special in January 2008 titled, “Growing Up Online.” The entire program can be viewed on the PBS website in separate chapters. I learned about this last week, listening to the most recent Seedlings podcast. This evening in Seattle, I led a three hour workshop on “Safe Digital Social Networking,” and we watched the video chapter from this program on cyberbullying to highlight issues as well as generate discussion. We also started a VoiceThread to share responses to this program and the issues it raises. Feel free to add your voice to the conversation we started!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Seesaw Skills, Assessment and Parent Feedback - 2019
- TEACH Act vs Fair Use by Jodie Bowie (February 2013) - 2013
- Moveable Feast Offers Tools for Multimedia, Mobile Walking Tours - 2012
- Socioclean Can Help Clean Up Your Digital Footprint - 2011
- Beware of Non-Admin Facebook Page Posts - 2011
- Storytelling with Scratch - 2011
- Use TweepML to follow EduCon 2010 participants - 2010
- Discussing the importance of good questions and inquiry with Kiwi primary teachers, YouTube karaoke - 2009
- Collaborative Learning Using Web 2.0 Tools by Erin Freeman and Heath Sawyer - 2009
- Learning should be an invitation, not a mandate - 2008