an innovative 3D programming environment that makes it easy to create an animation for telling a story, playing an interactive game, or a video to share on the web
Building Virtual Worlds’ goal is to take students with varying talents, backgrounds, and perspectives and put them together to do what they couldn’t do alone.
Caitlin Kelleher -Assistant Professor – Computer Science and Engineering Washington University in St. LouisMy research interests lie in Human-Computer Interaction and Computational Learning Environments. In particular, I am interested in creating programming environments that engage a broad spectrum of children.
Storytelling Alice is a programming environment designed to motivate a broad spectrum of middle school students (particularly girls) to learn to program computers through creating short 3D animated movies.
The House Committee on Energy and Commerce :: Hearing – 1 April 2008
The high concept behind both the Center and the Masters program is to have technologists and fine artists work together on projects that produce artifacts that are intended to entertain, inform, inspire, or otherwise affect an audience/guest/player/partic
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Media Literacy Lessons (April 2023) - 2023
- Join Our 10th STEMseeds Google Hangout Saturday April 4th - 2015
- Fun Scratch Projects Today in STEM Class - 2014
- Lessons on Suicide Prevention from Rich Van Pelt - 2013
- Digital Citizenship: Learning to Cross the Street in a Digital World - 2013
- Joys of iPad2 VGA Out - 2011
- iPad First Impressions: It's Magical - 2010
- PD at Wells Junior High School (Maine) - 2010
- AudioBoo will upload over EDGE - 2009
- College students: Win $$$ for developing social networking apps - 2008
It looks like you have been looking at educational uses of virtual worlds lately. I have spent quite a bit of time over the past year and a half studying this technology and have developed or rather adapted an approach a bit different structuring virtual world environments as three dimensional immersive WebQuests.
In Active Worlds, teleport to:
coordinates: 6893S 13857E
Carl Anderson’s del.icio.us tags “virtualworlds”