Chris Walsh recently let me know about an intriguing summertime travel, PD, and curriculum development opportunity with Big Tree Learning. Chris and others with Big Tree are looking for “Rock Star Teachers” to help with curriculum development for 3-4 weeks in San Francisco, and a stipend is provided. Read more and submit an application form on the Big Tree Learning website. If Chris Walsh is involved, it’s sure to be:
- Focused on engaged learning and progressive ideas for the classroom.
- Cutting edge technologically.
If you’re not familiar with Chris, his ideas and his work, be sure to check out his blog as well as the video channel on the Infinite Thinking Machine! The video podcasts for the ITM have not updated lately because of funding issues, but blog posts on the ITM continue. I’m looking forward to stepping up my own contributions there starting this summer after NECC. 😉
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin Misunderstands Testing and School Quality - 2017
- 30 Reasons I Love Teaching Elementary STEM - 2015
- Quick Edit Video: Water Bottle Rocket Launch - 2014
- 3rd Graders Research Animals with 4 iPads, AudioBoo and PebbleGo - 2013
- iPad Media Camp in Oklahoma City: July 11, 12 & 13, 2012 - 2012
- Common Core Guitar Songs, Lady Gaga Remixes & Commercial Underwriters - 2012
- Google Docs on the iPad with Office2 Pro - 2010
- Conan on the iPad - 2010
- Powerful Ingredients for Digitally Interactive Learning in Amarillo May 16th - 2009
- Adware blocked by OpenDNS - 2008