If you are a principal, teacher or other school employee involved in conducting teacher interviews, be sure to check out David Warlick’s latest podcast for Connect Learning, “Episode 98 — More Conversation with Chris Lehmann.” Chris is the principal of the Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia. SLA is an exemplary school for many reasons, but clearly one of the important ones is the vision of its leadership team.
To hear more about Chris’ vision for leading a truly student-centered school, have a listen to his COSN panel discussion with Rae Niles and Elaine Wrenn from this past March. I hope my own children are fortunate enough to attend a high school with a principal as inspirational, appropriately focused, and passionate about learning as well as kids as Chris Lehman.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Communicating with Elected State Representatives via Social Media - 2016
- A Transformed Political Culture in Oklahoma #transformOK #OklaEd - 2016
- Set Your Default YouTube Upload Channel - 2015
- Why Your School Needs a Scratch Club [VIDEO] - 2013
- Help My Son's Debate Teacher Whose Home Was Destroyed by the Moore Tornado - 2013
- Scratch Camp in Edmond, Oklahoma: June 8-9, 2012 - 2012
- iPad Notetaking: NOT Impressed with PaperPort Notes App - 2012
- Passion Projects, Learning and Innovation - 2011
- Dropped iPad - 2010
- Why Storychasing is relevant for all educators - Contextual learning about copyright is important - 2009