I’m sharing the commencement address for graduating seniors in Howe, Oklahoma, this evening starting at 7:00 pm US central time. Connectivity permitting, I’ll webcast my presentation live on Ustream. I haven’t seen the program yet, but I’m guessing I’ll start around 7:15… I’ll post an update to twitter when I have a better idea of the actual start time of the address.
I’m utilizing some of the slides from Jeff Brenman’s outstanding remix of Karl Fisch’s well known “Did You Know/Shift Happens presentation.” (Thanks to Karl for his post last May about this “stylized version.”)
My presentation slides are available as a PDF. I’m hoping to utilize polleverywhere to conduct an impromptu SMS message survey during the address to get audience input about social networking. I’m just supposed to talk for 20 minutes, and this is my first commencement address to share. It should be fun! 🙂
My top 10 list of “advice for seniors” includes:
- only 1 chance for a 1st impression
- don’t be afraid to fail
- seek out yodas
- be a critical thinker
- be an entrepreneur
- seek innovation
- change the world 1 conversation at a time
- talk with pictures
- private profiles (make your social networking profiles private)
- dream big dreams
Anything else you would add or substitute in this list?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Mapping Media, Cantilevers, and Remixing Lego Movie Tunes in Bethany, Oklahoma - 2014
- iPad Media Camp July 11-13, 2012: 50% Discounts for ISTE, OTA, ODLA, OK A+, CCOSA, TCEA & MACE - 2012
- The Value of Photographic Meta Information - 2011
- First certified African American Teacher in Mountain View Gotebo Schools, Oklahoma - 2010
- Great tech gadget finds at Target this morning - 2010
- New technology on top of the old - 2009
- NECC button winner: "Here for the learning revolution!" - 2008
- links for 2008-05-23 - 2008
- Interview at KSDE 2007 - 2007
- Carpool discussions with Kevin Honeycutt - 2007