This podcast is a recording of a presentation by Steve Wycoff on June 12, 2008, titled “Natural Learning – What Schools Don’t Do” at the Trends, Tools, and Tactics for 21st Century Learning conference in Wichita, Kansas. TTT is sponsored by ESSDACK, the Educational Services and Staff Development Association of Central Kansas in Hutchinson. The official program description for this session was: How we learn naturally is far different than how we are taught in schools. If we are going to succeed in actually leaving no child behind, we’ll need to understand better how individuals learn and more importantly how schools will need to look to accommodate the learning needs we all have. We’ll also demonstrate what curriculum might look like in a learning environment designed for the way we learn naturally. We’ll also connect this new learning environment to the needs we are experiencing in society related to workforce readiness. Be prepared to have your thinking stretched 🙂
- Blog of Steve Wycoff
- Podcast142: Rethinking Teaching: How Online Learning Can and Should Completely Alter Your View of Education (Roger C. Schank)
- Changing Schools: A conversation with Roger Schank
- Roger Shank (WikiPedia article)
- Socratic Arts (Roger Shank website)
- Educational Services and Staff Development Association of Central Kansas (ESSDACK)
- Trends, Tools, and Tactics for 21st Century Learning Conference
- My text notes from Steve’s presentation
- Charles Eliot Norton (WikiPedia entry)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Create Image Collages with Google Drawings - 2017
- A Low Kilobit MP3 Mystery - 2011
- Playing with Doink Animation - 2011
- 3 months of planning for 2 minutes of StopMotion - 2009
- When we blog, we create the web - 2009
- Defining 21st century classrooms and Highlighting the Importance of CCC - 2009
- Blending Professional Development to focus on Content, Technology and Pedagogy - 2009
- Notes on the Texas Long Range Technology Plan: 2006-2020 - 2009
- Stopmotion Film Camp Starts Monday! - 2009
- Google Earth explorations - 2008