The FireFox 3.0 web browser is available for FREE public download– get it today and help set a new world record for the most software downloads in a single day! With over 15,000 reported improvements and a new gecko rendering engine, FireFox 3 sounds and feels (so far) like a winner!
FireFox 3 is not just cool and safe, it’s also practical and safer than other browser alternatives (most notably IE on Windows.) The malware threat online now (especially for folks still running Windows OS computers) is HUGE and growing. According to Mike Schroepfer, vice president of engineering at Mozilla:
…”It’s an arms race between the good guys and the bad guys. This is not scare tactics or boogie man kind of stuff. “We have seen a huge uptick in malware attacks because they are financially motivated,” he said. “This is billions of dollars a year. There are clear incentives for people to do this because they make money so you need some good guys on your side to block them out.” Included in Firefox 3.0 are malicious software spotters that tell users when they are on a website that has been compromised. A red box will pop up in the middle of the screen warning users of the danger.
For more details, check out today’s BBC’s article “Behind the scenes of Firefox 3.0.”
firefox, software, download, firefox3
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Thinking about Educational Technology Support for Fall 2020 - 2020
- Learning about Visual Notetaking from Giulia Forsythe - 2013
- #Playingwithmedia: a continuation of learning - 2012
- OLPC 2012 Tablet Video and more from San Antonio this week - 2010
- Turning Point Ministries on Flickr - 2009
- First DimDim online meeting: Debriefing Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Summer09 Workshops - 2009
- links for 2008-06-17 - 2008
- Tornado last week in my hometown - Manhattan, Kansas - 2008
- The conversation is open - 2007
- Father's Day Tribute - 2007
i was born in daklak province
I’m not sure I understand the context of that comment.
I have been running Firefox 3 Beta on Ubuntu Linux for a couple months now. Very smooth and stable, except for one thing. The bookmarks in my bookmarks toolbar don’t show up on the toolbar. However, the Diigo bookmarks toolbar is nice. It has a few other new features, but most of newness is about security. It is far more secure than Internet Explorer. Time to update my laptop’s browser to FF3.