I have created a 1 page PDF file titled, “Guidelines for Non-commercial Recording and Podcasting at Educational Conferences,” in response to ongoing discussions about session recording and podcasting at NECC 2008.
At the bottom of the document, I included the following disclaimer:
* NOTE: These guidelines are provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. Individuals seeking legal advice and opinions should consult a lawyer licensed to practice law in their jurisdiction. The Podcasting Guide from Creative Commons (http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Podcasting_Legal_Guide) is an outstanding source of information on these issues. Also refer to Colette Vogele’s podcast, Rules for the Revolution (www.rulesfortherevolution.com).
If you think I’ve left something out of this document which should be included please let me know. I wanted to keep this limited to a single, printable page. Feel free to use and modify this handout for your own purposes/use, or those of your organization.
I had not previously heard of Colette Vogele’s podcast, Rules for the Revolution, and am subscribing in iTunes now. According to the EFF webpage where I found her podcast linked, she is a practicing lawyer in San Francisco, a non-resident fellow with the Stanford Center for Internet and Society, and the primary author of “The Podcasting Legal Guide” hosted by Creative Commons.
If you are looking for additional resources related to podcasting, copyright, and intellectual property issues as they relate to educators and students, refer to my wiki curriculum for my presentation, “Copyright, Fair Use, Intellectual Property & Podcasting” which I shared at COSN in March 2008.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- #playingwithmedia Digital Fabrication in the Classroom - 2012
- Best things about the Barnes and Noble Nook eBook Reader - 2010
- A recipe and tutorial for iPhone GS mobile video blogging - 2009
- Space tourism coming in 2010 - 2009
- Have a relative without email? Send them a letter with photos - via email! - 2009
- U.S. farm subsidies, Land Runs, and Hopelessness in the Dust Bowl - 2009
- Our schools need passionate, caring, and visionary leaders - not JUST technology - 2008
- Good News: ISTE revises Recording Code of Conduct for NECC 2008 - 2008
- Highlights from EduComm07 and Anaheim - 2007
- Lessig turns from IP to politics and government corruption - 2007