The Media Education Lab at Temple University continues to create and publish a variety of outstanding materials for educators and students relating to intellectual property issues, copyright, and fair use. A discussion about copyright and their September 2007 publication “The Cost of Copyright Confusion for Media Literacy” (PDF) will be facilitated by Kristin Hokanson at EduBloggerCon San Antonio this coming Saturday. In the proposed description for this session, Kristin wrote:
The Statement of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Education will be released in November  and will be endorsed by a number of educational groups, including The National Association for Media Literacy Education and others. The Statement will help bring clarity to the problem of copyright confusion by clearly identifying four common educational practices that rely on the use of digital copyrighted materials for educational use as qualifying for the fair use exemption.
This sounds like GREAT information important for every teacher, administrator and student using media in our 21st century classrooms!
I’ve added a link to this report on my workshop wiki “Copyright, Fair Use, Intellectual Property & Podcasting.” This sounds like a GREAT topic for conversations at EduBloggerCon! I’ve emailed Kristin and asked for permission to non-commercially record and share this session.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- The Cognitive Cost of Carbon Copy Email - 2019
- Audience Feedback at iPadPalooza 2016 - 2016
- Seven Indispensable Google Chrome Extensions - 2015
- YouTube Now Supports Creative Commons BY Video Licensing #playingwithmedia - 2011
- Explaining No-Edit Audio Recording Power with an AudioBoo from Pearl Harbor - 2011
- Dreams of Open, Wireless Broadband Access and High Speed Rural Connectivity - 2011
- Online video editing with Kaltura and Stroome - 2010
- Ready to webcast and podcast NECC 2009 and discuss K12Online09 at EduBloggerCon - 2009
- No Partnership for 21st Century Skills Speaker's Bureau Membership for me - 2009
- OKC Bombing, Underground Chinatown in Oklahoma, Veteran Stories, and an Amazing Adoption from Russia - 2009