Several months ago, during an iChat text exchange with Marco Torres he suggested I record a short video outlining the 21st century literacy skills I believe our students need to have as they enter the workforce. This afternoon (at long last) I recorded a 14 minute video and posted it to Google Video on this subject. The keys, in my view, are helping learners of all ages regularly create, communicate, and collaborate with digital technologies as they further develop their higher order thinking skills.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Faster Home WiFi Via Ethernet Backhaul - 2020
- July PD in OKC: Google Docs, iPad Media Camp & Scratch Camp - 2012
- Storychasing NASA History at Space Center Houston - 2011
- Dell Inspiron duo Convertible Tablet at the Microsoft Store - 2011
- The Marketing Slogans I'd Give AT&T - 2011
- Screentime stats for youth and the Open Learning Exchange via @fastcompany - 2010
- Quickstart guides for Posterous and iPadio - 2010
- More book recommendations about the Middle East and Islam - 2010
- iTunes Account for a Child without a Credit Card - 2009
- A Message for my School Board - 2008