Student Dalton Sherman’s message to the teachers in Dallas ISD and to educators around the world via the YouTube video of his convocation message is powerful and simple: Believe in your students, believe in your colleagues, and believe in yourself.
This eight minute video clip would make an ideal start to a staff meeting this year when you want to help other teachers focus on some big-picture issues.
Thanks to Sandra Fivecoat for sharing this link. If YouTube is blocked at your school so you can’t show this directly online, download an offline copy you can play from your hard drive. Refer to my post “Tips for downloading offline copies of Flash videos” for suggestions and software programs which can be used to do this.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Lessons Learned with Website eBook eCommerce Continue (August 2018) - 2018
- Interview with Author & Screenswriter Rene Gutteridge - 2015
- A Case Study: How NOT to Set Up a WordPress Site - 2011
- Creating a course audio lecturecast (podcast) with Podcast Generator - 2010
- Why ALL Learners Need Laptops NOW! (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- What questions do you have about copyright? - 2009
- Proposed Fall Conference Sessions - 2009
- Darfur Issues highlighted via a student-created Southpark style video - 2008
- Copyright and recording full-length library books - 2008
- Measuring engagement - 2007