Maggie Verster (an educator in Johannesburg, South Africa – Twitter: maggiev) has created and shared an excellent tutorial via SlideShare titled “Twitter for Educational Purposes.”
Her learning outcomes for the tutorial are three-fold:
- Communicate using a micro-blogging system
- Update your status
- Create a learning network
Should every educator in every context use Twitter? I don’t think any single tool or website is going to be appropriate and well received by EVERYONE in any category of work or play. Should every educator at least be aware of Twitter and have an opportunity to utilize it as a communication tool as part of his/her extended learning community? Most definitely.
Thanks Maggie for creating and sharing this tutorial. This is a great example of the power of SlideShare as well.
More tutorials like this one are available on ThuTong: a South African Education Portal.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Map Media to the Common Core with iPads: Classroom 2.0 LIVE on Saturday! - 2013
- iPhone 5, Steve Jobs Reflections, & Amazing (free) Science Videos - 2012
- Publish student stories online with artwork, text and audio narration with StoryKit (free) - 2010
- Share your 5 Photo Stories on Posterous! - 2010
- Praise for Red Eye Removal and Custom Book Ordering in iPhoto '09 - 2009
- A virtual chat with President Lincoln - 2008
- Hello from Shanghai! - 2007
- Working behind the great firewall of China - 2007
- Stitching transformative social networking experiences and impactful professional development - 2007
- Best free digital curriculum? - 2006