College football victories don’t get any more exciting or sweet than this one last night in Lubbock, Texas.
This morning’s New York Times article “No. 6 Texas Tech Upsets No. 1 Texas” provides an excellent summary and analysis of the importance of the outcome:
The victory is the biggest in Texas Tech history, its first over a top-ranked team, and puts the Red Raiders squarely in the midst of the national championship chase… Texas Tech is 9-0 for the first time since 1938 and has an 11-game winning streak. The Red Raiders snapped a five-game losing streak to Texas.
It’s going to be a great shootout to watch next week when Oklahoma State ventures down to Lubbock to face the Red Raiders!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Utility to Find and Replace Broken WordPress Links - 2014
- Lessons Learned from Image Attribution & Tweetribution Confusion - 2011
- Microfiche, Copyrights, Open Licensing and Academic Journal Paywalls - 2010
- Dreaming of iPad Presentation Apps for the classroom - 2010
- Vote for Our Class Flip Video Scavenger Hunt Entries! - 2010
- Panoramic iPhone images from Hangzhou, China - 2009
- Help evaluate the 2008 K-12 Online Conference - 2008
- K12Online08 in the palm of my hand - 2008
- 21st Century Cartographers by David Jakes - 2007
- One to One Initiatives (roundtable at TechForum07) - 2007