This Lee LeFever / Commoncraft Show style 5 minute video by Wendy Drexler paints a descriptive picture of how students can learn in a connectivist style, and the role of the teacher in this new learning landscape.
Near the close of the video, Wendy uses the following terms to describe the role of the teacher in a Connectivist learning paradigm:
- Learning Architect
- Learning Concierge
- Connected Learning Incubator
- Network Sherpa
- Change Agent
If you are not already subscribed to Wendy Drexler’s blog, “Teach Web 2.0,” I highly recommend you add it to your aggregator. The Teach Web 2.0 Wiki she helped start and continues to shepherd is a fantastic resource for teachers, offering a wide variety of teacher-created reviews of different web 2.0 tools and websites useful in classroom learning contexts. For a short (12 minute) summary of the website and how you can utilize it to form a local “web 2.0 consortium” at your school with other teachers, check out Wendy’s K12Online08 presentation in the Leading the Change strand, “Teaching Web 2.0 – Everything you need in one place.”
Thanks to Wendy, this morning on my way to work I learned about Museum Box, a site providing:
..the tools for you to build up an argument or description of an event, person or historical period by placing items in a virtual box.
This chain of connected learning began for me this morning thanks to K12Online08 in the palm of my hand!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Developing Computational Thinking with Scratch Coding (webinar video) - 2017
- We Love our Transportation Play Town Rug by Kidcarpet.com - 2013
- The 21st Century Teachers' Toolkit by Alice Barr @alicebarr #cmtc10 - 2010
- Options for removing advertisements from a Ning site - 2009
- A sign - in tabs - 2009
- Learning with Apple: New Content, New Connections, New Communities #ok1to1 - 2009
- Leadership in the Digital Age - Apple 1:1 Informational Event #ok1to1 - 2009
- Book recommendations for digital storytellers - 2008
- Show Up and Throw Up? - 2005