This Amazon.com advertisement is a clever remix and upgrade of Teddy Roosevelt’s famous quotation, “Speak softly and carry a big stick.” Instead the Amazon marketeers exhort us, “Walk Boldly and Carry a Small Computer!”
It is amazing to see just how many “netbook” laptops are available this holiday season for about $300, some for even less!
Tony Vincent has an excellent resource page on his site about netbooks and web applications, which are (in many cases) perfectly suited for netbooks. He links to the WikiPedia “Comparison of Netbooks” page, which offers an eye opening list of current netbook options as well as features.
How long will it be until all the 3rd through 12th grade students in our Oklahoma public schools are toting and using netbooks instead of backpacks full of analog, un-upgradable textbooks?
On the topic of netbooks, remember the “Give One, Get One” campaign is on again this year!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- 5th EdCampOKC Coming to Del City High School March 4, 2017 - 2016
- Inspired by Ashley Vance's Biography of Elon Musk - 2015
- Brainstorming the Digital Sharing Map: Classroom Edition - 2015
- Come See "One Incredible Moment" in Edmond This Weekend - 2014
- Building Virtual Bridges Through Sharing and Transparency - 2013
- Al Jazeera, Arab Spring, & Opposing Extremism in Our Midst in the USA - 2012
- Mobile Video Editing with ReelDirector on an iPhone4 #edapp - 2010
- Tech Support for Parents - 2010
- No alternative to the RTTT / Duncan Education Reform Plan Offered by Fallin - 2010
- Reasons I love Blip.tv and Screenr - 2009