A new blogging opportunity has come my way, and it’s a big one. I’m both honored and humbled to be formally leading ISTE’s blogging project leading up to the summer NECC 2009 conference in Washington D.C. via the newly unveiled ISTEconnects.org blog.
My initial posts include:
- Welcome to ISTEconnects!
- Follow ISTEconnects on Twitter
- NECC Ning and Vendors
- Encouraging Early and Late Majority Teachers
It’s exciting to be both a witness as well as participant in ISTE‘s efforts to embrace social media in advance of NECC 2009! It’s going to be a worthwhile and exciting learning adventure together I’m sure!
In the days and weeks ahead, I’ll be soliciting input and suggestions for lots of different individuals to share ideas and voices on ISTEconnects, both as commenters and as guest bloggers.
It’s our turn to write the future, and ISTEconnects provides yet another venue for educators to speak and be heard. This is an exciting platform for many reasons, and one of those is “audience.” There are thousands of great ideas, learning strategies, technologies, and people to AMPLIFY… to borrow the parlance of Jeff Allen. Let’s get started! 🙂
FULL DISCLOSURE: I have signed a small contract with a company which is working ISTE to post several times per week to the ISTEconnects blog and to lead this blogging effort in collaboration with others. (I guess that makes me a sub-contractor of the contractor!) This working and blogging opportunity is sure to not allay my spouse’s concerns in these times of economic uncertainly and upheaval, but it will be nice to receive some financial compensation for what I’m sure will be many hours of evening work in the months ahead. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Why You Should NOT Quit Facebook or Twitter - 2019
- Free Home Internet Filtering option (OpenDNS) - 2014
- Amazing Minecraft Webshows, Music Videos and Parody Animation Videos - 2013
- Trapper's Rendezvous 2012: An iPhone documentary - 2012
- Recoverable and Resumable YouTube Uploads with Chrome and FireFox - 2012
- 7th Regiment Kansas Volunteer Cavalry, Bushwhackers, and Jayhawkers (Kansas in 1861 - 1865) - 2012
- Retrain, Retire or Resign: Options for Adult Paradigm Paralysis - 2011
- First XtraNormal Video: MySpace Suicide Prevention - 2011
- Netflix streaming coming to the Nintendo Wii - 2010
- Preparing for digital storytelling workshops (Celebrate Oklahoma Voices) - 2009