This presentation was shared by Dr. Alvin Trusty at eTechOhio 2009 on February 2, 2009, in Columbus. The official session description was: This is a followup to last year’s presentation of this topic. Learn how to create an engaging presentation using free resources and established techniques in visual design. How much does “fair use” protect a teacher from the copyright police? Explore the four factors of “fair use” and look at licensing strategies like Creative Commons.
- Alvin’s referenced websites for this session on his delicious account
- Alvin’s Educational Technology Blog
- My text notes for this session
- PresentationZen by Garr Reynolds
- slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations by Nancy Duarte
- Why Most PowerPoint Presentations Suck by Rick Altman
- Non-Designer’s Design Book by Robin Williams
- Compfight – great Creative Commons image search engine
- Wikipedia article for Barack Obama “Hope” poster (story of recent copyright infringment)
- Derivatives – more than Calculus (Alvin’s post about the Obama Hope poster situation)
- eTechOhio 2009 Conference
- Beg, Borrow But Don’t Steal: How To Create a Great PowerPoint Without Breaking the Law (Alvin Trusty’s presentation from eTechOhio 2008 on TeacherTube)
- My suggestion for additional resources: Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Tips for Self-Publishing Your Book (February 2019) - 2019
- MakerSpace Resources & Ideas for Digital Music Creation - 2016
- Digital Storytelling MeetUp with Joe Lambert: Friday, February 13 - 2015
- FREE iPad App Coffee Chats start Tuesday, February 7 in Edmond, Oklahoma - 2012
- Learning from a Master Teacher: Darren Kuropatwa #k12online - 2011
- Get ready for Sixth Sense Technologies - 2010
- Getting started video tutorials with WordPress - 2010
- Internet safety and our need to connect with teens - 2009
- Larry Lessig on the idiocy of current US copyright law - 2009
- Hank Thompson WWII Interview - 2008