Last week at eTechOhio2009 I had a wonderful opportunity to see and hear Alvin Trusty present a session on multimedia design tips and copyright titled “How to Create a Great PowerPoint Without Breaking the Law: Take 2.0.” I posted my own audio recording of that session as well as session text notes last week. Alvin let me know today via email (yes, for those of you who are amazed, sometimes I DO actually read and reply to email!) that he’s posted the synchronized slides with the audio recording to Vimeo.
Without a doubt, Alvin’s presentation is MUCH more powerful and impactful in this video form than it is as an audio-only recording. After all, this was a presentation about visual design and techniques!
Alvin did add a new slide to the preso at minute mark 12:57. There certainly were a motley bunch of educators gathered on the front row of this session! 🙂
On his Flickr stream Alvin also included the only photo I’ve seen to date of my keynote at eTechOhio. This was the largest audience I’d ever addressed previously. It was a lot of fun, but also a bit intimidating! The video which was playing when this photo was snapped is “A sledding video from the sled” posted to Flickr, from 2 weeks ago here in Oklahoma.
Thankfully the front row for my keynote were not quite as disruptive as “some” of the attendees at Alvin’s presentation were. 😉 Alvin was also quite kind during his presentation when he came to the point of “not reading your PowerPoint slides.” I did end up reading a couple of my slides, and with hindsight should have just read the highlights instead.
For more photos of eTechOhio09, check the Flickr aggregated photo stream for the tag etechohio09.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Polar Extremes on NOVA - Behold the Reality of Higher Carbon Dioxide Levels - 2020
- The Dream of Creative Writing - 2019
- Opening Tinkercad 3D Designs in Minecraft - 2017
- Why and How of Outside Sharing with KidBlog - 2016
- T-Mobile and Verizon Hotspot Mobile Data Shootout - 2014
- Is Embracing Digital Learning a Moral Issue for Educators? - 2013
- 2013 iPad Media Camps in June (OKC) & July (KSU) - 2013
- Create Illustrated PDF Stories with Story Patch on an iPad - 2012
- Options for Recording Stories on the iPad: Story Patch with Story Robe, Sonic Pics, & Story Kit - 2011
- Design Matters by Darren Kuropatwa at METC 2010 - 2010