This presentation, Copyright for Educators, was shared at the ITSC 2009 Conference in Portland, Oregon, on February 16, 2009, by Wesley Fryer. This presentation is also available via Slideshare as a synchronized multimedia slide presentation also. (See the podcast shownotes for the link and other referenced resources.) The session description was: Teachers, principals, and students all need to understand not only the basics of US copyright law as they relate to the creation and publication of media products, but also the opportunities presented for LEGAL remixing and reuse of media materials licensed through Creative Commons. This session presents practical suggestions for schools, educators, and students to avoid intellectual property liability problems and empower learners to LEGALLY create as well as share a wide variety of media/knowledge products on the global stage. We will focus specifically on fair use provisions of US copyright law and address common misconceptions about fair use which often inhibit/chill legal educational uses of multimedia materials.
- A SlideShare of this presentation is available with synchronized audio
- Referenced links and resources from this session
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Les Miserables 2012: A Powerful Film That Will Make You Weep - 2013
- Use Google to Identify Plagiarism & Teach How to Avoid Committing It - 2013
- An Attempt to Redefine "Educationally Appropriate Online Courses" in Oklahoma - 2013
- Save and Transfer YouTube Videos to an iPad - 2012
- Heartland eLearning Conference with Michael Wesch: 7-8 March 2011 in Edmond, OK #HeartlandConf11 - 2011
- How to Subscribe to a Website as a Channel in Google Reader, and Categorize / Organize it in a Folder - 2011
- Heartland eLearning Conference: 8-9 March 2010 - 2010
- Dan Pink and Clay Shirky: Online with Steve Hargadon - 2010
- Review of Ustream Producer by Dean Mantz - 2010
- Copyright for Educators SlideShare with Audio - 2009