Google has added vector drawing functionality to Google Docs. From the INSERT menu in a Google word processing document, choose DRAWING to utilize the new functionality.
If the Math 24/7 Project with VoiceThread is any indication, the ability for students to add hand-drawn illustrations to media projects is a BIG deal. When will Google Docs add the ability to include short audio recordings to a document, similar to Vocaroo? That would be tremendous from a digital portfolio perspective. The addition of drawing tools and functionality to Google Docs is a big leap forward.
Objects can be grouped and copied/pasted just like they can in a word processing draw document.
Hat tip to Patrick Thornton for alerting me to this new functionality.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Credly-powered Digital Badges for Mapping Media to the Common Core - 2013
- Guidelines for Oklahoma ASR: Annual Statistical Report - 2011
- ARRA: Title I and IDEA in Oklahoma (April 2011 update) - 2011
- Advanced Placement Incentive Programs and Gifted Education Requirements in Oklahoma - 2011
- Iowa 1:1 Institute Presentation Resources - 2010
- Lessons Learned: Webcasting and Live Blogging a School Board Meeting - 2009
- Self-hosted WordPress Blog Updates - 2009
- Missing choices from the Dropout Summit Attendee Survey - 2009
- Connecting creativity, programming, and mobile learning - 2008
- links for 2008-04-06 - 2008