This evening I learned about the YouTube video “Star Wars: Retold (by someone who hasn’t seen it)” by listening to Justin Karkow’s “Digital Storytelling Frame by Frame” presentation on the 2009 Nebraska Educational Technology Association Podcast channel.
As a big Star Wars fan, I found this remix quite amusing and fun. Nice use of Final Cut Pro.
The NETA 2009 conference was held April 23-24, 2009, in Omaha, Nebraska. The podcast channel from the conference is GREAT. I was not able to attend the conference, but thanks to this audio podcast channel I can attend virtually, after the fact, and you can as well! Way to go Nebraska educators! I think it’s definitely a best practice to, at a minimum, audio record key sessions at conferences as the leaders at NETA did and make them available afterwards as free downloads. This substantially amplifies and extends the voices of those presenting at the conference as well as the sponsoring conferencing organization itself.
Go NETA! A twitter account was created for the 2009 NETA conference, which can be a good way for face-to-face conference attendees to find each other on Twitter. I’d recommend, however, setting up a non-year specific Twitter account for conference events so the account can “live on in relevance” after the year of that particular conference is over.
Hat tip to Elizabeth Helfant of St Louis MICDS for letting me know about this NETA09 podcast channel. (Twitter: ehelfant) As a related aside, if you’re anywhere NEAR St Louis consider attending their “MICDS Summer Teacher Institute” in 2009. Their lineup of presenters and presentation topics is FANTASTIC. This is sure to be a fantastic series of learning opportunities for midwestern educators!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- VIDEO: 10 Tips from a Technology Fear Specialist - 2019
- Restrict Plex Shared Movie Library to Include Just G, PG, PG-13 Films - 2017
- April 2013 OKC WordPress User Group Meetup Notes - 2013
- Good Things Can Come From Science and Engineering Projects in School - 2012
- Security Tips for WordPress: Understanding Network Attacks - 2012
- Fatherhood & Faith: Rearing Good Kids in a Secular Society - 2011
- Kyle Nelson on Social Media - 2011
- An Exemplary Scribe Blog Post, Pecha Kutcha Presentation, and Screencast - 2010
- Kids making the case for classroom blogging - 2008
- Speak out and share your vision for education reform - 2008