In January of 2009, I recorded a webcast for the Oklahoma Technical Assistance Center (OTAC) focused on “Digital Citizenship in the Cyber Community.” This video webcast is 51 min 30 sec, and is available as a free download from the OTAC website. The webcast is in Windows Media Format. You will need to complete a short webform before accessing the download links. You can either download a 112 MB zip file, containing the entire presentation, or view a webpage version with the video embedded in it.
OTAC titled this session “Digital Citizenship in the Cyber Community.” I originally titled this “Internet Safety, Social Networking, and the Oklahoma School Security Act.” I presented this same session at our state “Safe and Healthy Schools Conference” in November 2008, and was asked to share it as a webcast over OTAC so more school personnel could access and benefit from these ideas. The webcast includes the video of me speaking as a “talking head” on one side of the browser screen, and my synchronized slides in a larger window.
Consider using this webcast for professional development with your school faculty in the upcoming school year. An extensive list of free webcasts on other topics is also available from OTAC. These are available free whether you are in Oklahoma or live elsewhere.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Green Screen Videos to Share with Teachers - 2016
- Invite Students to Enter Clean Shorts Film Festival - 2015
- Sheldon Whitehouse responds to Jim Inhofe on Climate Change - 2014
- 2010 K-12 Online Conference Call for Proposals #k12online10 - 2010
- To succeed we must fail - a LOT - 2009
- Go Green, Go Electric" featuring Miles Electric vehicles wins 1st place - 2009
- Password common sense not common - 2009
- Smart Technologies whiteboard software now requires product keys for installation - 2008
- Multiple Intelligences - 2008
- Notes from A Plus Schools Conference Opening Session - 2008